Južnjačke pogačice :: Southern biscuits23.5.10
|//Try these flaky, buttery biscuits, typical for Southern cuisine.//|
For the English version of the recipe, scroll down!
Gotovo za: 40 min
Priprema: 20 min
Pečenje: 20 min
2 šalice brašna
4 čajne žlice praška za pečenje
¼ čajne žlice sode bikarbone
¾ čajne žlice soli
2 žlice maslaca (iz frižidera)
Služiti vruče umjesto kruha ili krumpira uz razna jela.
*Zamjena za mlaćenicu:
2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
2 tbs butter (from the fridge)
2 tbs shortening, cold
1 cup cold buttermilk (or a substitute)
1. Combine the dry ingredients.
2. Cut the butter and shortening into chunks and cut into the flour until it resembles course meal. Do it very quickly to avoid transferring heat from your fingertips to the butter.
3. Add the buttermilk*, stirring gently until a dough starts to form.
4. When you get a "sticky" dough ball, turn out on board, flour lightly, and form with a hand (do not roll with a rolling pin) a flat circle, 2,5 cm thick.
5. Cut out the biscuits with a biscuit cutter (5cm in diameter) and place them on a cookie sheet, touching each other.
6. You can gently knead the scraps together and make a few more biscuits, but they will not be as fluffy as the first ones.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 230˚C for about 15-20 minutes. Do not over-bake.
Uvjeti komentiranja*Comments Policy