Junetina u pivu :: Beef in beer23.5.10
|//Beef chunks and shallots are stewed in beer for perfect, delicious tenderness.//|
Gotovo za: 1 h 15 min
Priprema: 5 min
Kuhanje: 1 h 10 min
400 - 500 g junećih odrezaka
100 g kapulica (svježih ili iz staklenke) ili ljutike, oguljenih, cijelih
1 veći češanj češnjaka, zdrobljen
2 žlice Demerara šećera
100 g shiitake gljiva, narezanih na ploške
1/2 žlice brašna
1/2 žlice Dijon senfa
Sol i papar
200 ml svijetlog piva
Nekoliko svježih grančica timijana ili malo sušenog
1 list lovora
Ready in: 1 h i 30 min
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 60 min
4 tbs olive oil
400 - 500 g lean steak, cut into bite-size pieces
100 g shallots, fresh or marinated
1 large garlic clove, crushed
2 tbs Demerara sugar
100 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
½ tbs flour
½ tbs Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
200 ml light beer
Few fresh thyme sprigs or some dry thyme leaves
1 laurel leaf
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, add few pieces of beef and cook over a moderately high heat for 4–5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer meat to a plate, fry another batch. Be careful to fry it in batches, if you fry it all at once, meat will stew instead fry! Add some oil for the each batch, if needed.
2. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan and reduce the heat to low, add the shallots. Cook them, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and sugar, stir, cook until garlic becomes tender and caramelized.
4. Add sliced shiitake, stir, sauté for a short time. Turn the heat down.
5. Return the beef and its juices to the pan, stir and combine with mushroom mixture.
6. Dust the meat with flour, add mustard, season with salt and pepper, stir and combine.
7. Whisk in beer gradually, stirring constantly.
8. Add thyme and laurel.
9. Cover the pan (or casserole), cook for 1 hour over very low heat or until the beef is tender.
Serve with Southern biscuits, green salad, and a glass of good, strong beer.