Guinnessov crni kolač s pjenom :: Black Guinness cake with froth6.11.09
|//This cake is simply magnificent in its damp blackness and its frothy cream cheese frosting.//|
For the English version of the recipe, scroll down!
Gotovo za: 1 h 30 min
Priprema: 20 min
Pečenje: 50 min
Cooking time: 50 min
Total time:1 h 30 min
Serves: 12 slices
For the cake
250g unsalted butter
400g caster sugar
142ml (½ cup & 2 tbs) sour cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
275g plain flour
2 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the topping
300g Philadelphia cream cheese
150g icing sugar
125ml (½ cup) whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, and butter and line a 23 cm spring form tin.
2. Pour the Guinness into a large wide saucepan, add the butter – in spoons or slices – and heat until the butter’s melted, at which time you should whisk in the cocoa and sugar. Beat the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla and then pour into the brown, buttery, beery pan and finally whisk in the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Pour the cake batter into the greased and lined tin and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Leave to cool completely in the tin on a cooling rack.
4. When the cake’s cold, sit it on a flat platter or cake stand and start the icing. Lightly whip the cream cheese until smooth, sieve over the icing sugar and then beat them both together.
5. Add the cream and beat again until it makes a spreadable consistency. Ice the top of the black cake so that it resembles the frothy top of the famous pint.
Uvjeti komentiranja*Comments Policy